Otter Products Entity Responsible for Your Personal Information
The Otter Products entity responsible for your personal information will depend on the location for the position(s) for which you apply.
If you apply for a position located in the EMEA region, Otter Products EMEA Unlimited and Otter Products, LLC are joint controllers of your personal information.
If you apply for a position located in the Asia Pacific region, OtterBox Hong Kong Limited and Otter Products, LLC are joint controllers of your personal information.
If you apply for a position located in the United States, Otter Products LLC is the controller of your personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect different types of personal information from or about our applicants. We collect information directly from you in connection with your application. We also collect information from third parties such as references and prior employers.
During the application and recruitment processes, we may collect personal information including, but not limited to:
- contact information, including your name, home address, telephone number, and personal email address
- personal information contained in your resume or CV, cover letter, and other relevant experience, education, transcripts, or information you provide to us as part of the application and recruitment processes
- information you provide during phone-screening or interviews
- details regarding your expectations for employment, including current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences
- information contained in work authorizations or permits
- information we obtain from your references, such as their opinions of your performance in previous roles, your professional strengths and weaknesses, and your ability to perform the duties of the position for which you applied
You may choose to voluntarily share data that is categorized as sensitive personal information or ‘special category data’ with us in your resume or CV, cover letter, and other information you provide to us as part of the application and recruitment processes including, but not limited to:
- demographic data you voluntarily provide that may be sensitive in nature, including your gender and racial or ethnic origin for the purposes of monitoring equal opportunity, provided such collection is consistent with applicable laws
- medical or health information you voluntarily provide to us, such as disability status, provided such collection is consistent with applicable laws
- Other data categorized as sensitive personal information or ‘special category data’ such as your race, gender, ethnicity, political opinions or beliefs, membership of a trade union or political party, physical or mental health information, sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, genetic and biometric data or information related to criminal convictions or offences, provided such collection is consistent with applicable laws
If you provide us with personal information, including the name and telephone number, of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to Otter Products. By providing the individual’s personal information to Otter Products, you are confirming that you have obtained that individual’s prior consent.
Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect is used for our business purposes as it relates to our application and recruitment processes. These business purposes include:
- communicating with you throughout the application and recruitment processes
- assessing your skills and qualifications and determining your eligibility for employment
- verifying your information, including conducting reference checks with the reference contacts you provide
- conducting background checks upon a job offer where permitted under applicable laws
- complying with applicable labor or employment requirements, laws and regulations, including monitoring for equal employment opportunity
- assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit, if required
- to contact you regarding other positions for which you may qualify
For applicants located in the EEA, the lawful basis we use to process your personal data are as follows:
- your consent
- the legitimate interests of Otter Products, such as to transmit personal data for internal administrative purposes, to protect our legal rights, to defend legal claims, and to ensure information security including preventing unauthorized access to our computer systems and data.
- to comply with a legal obligation
- for the performance of a contract and/or
- where necessary to protect the vital interests of you or any person
When We Share or Disclose Your Personal Information
Otter Products, LLC may provide your personal information to our affiliated entity Otter Products EMEA Unlimited, located in Ireland, when you apply for Otter Products EMEA Unlimited positions or OtterBox Hong Kong Limited, located in Hong Kong, when you apply for OtterBox Hong Kong positions for application and hiring purposes, pursuant to contractual safeguards.
Otter Products EMEA Unlimited and OtterBox Hong Kong Limited may share the personal information that you provide with its affiliate entity, Otter Products, LLC, which is located in the United States. Otter Products, LLC is authorized to only use your personal information limited the purposes necessary to provide services to us, pursuant to contractual safeguards.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements We may transfer your personal information to regulatory authorities (including tax authorities), government agencies, parties in legal proceedings involving Otter Products (including Otter Products’ legal or other advisors), and to third parties with whom Otter Products may collaborate or engage in acquisition transactions. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required to by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal processes, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or response to a government request.
International Transfer of Personal Information
To facilitate our operations, we may transfer, store and process your personal information in jurisdictions other than where you live including in the United States. If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) or Switzerland this may include countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. For instance, if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) data subject and your personal information is shared with our affiliates, partners, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf outside of the EEA, then it is done pursuant to necessary means to ensure an adequate level of protection and in accordance with applicable laws: some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection according to EEA standards however, for transfers to other countries, Otter Products has put in place adequate measures, such as execution of standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your information.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Otter Products, LLC participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Otter Products, LLC is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and the United Kingdom and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view its certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. [https://www.privacyshield.gov/list]
Otter Products, LLC is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Otter Products, LLC complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Otter Products, LLC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Otter Products, LLC may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint], you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Protection of Your Personal Information
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information: Your Rights
You have the following rights as regards your personal data:
- Access: you have the right to obtain confirmation that we process personal data about you, request information about how we process your personal data and obtain a copy of that personal data.
- Rectification or Update: if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request we rectify or update your personal data.
- Objection or Opt-Out: you have the right to object to your personal data being processed
- Erasure or Deletion: you have the right to have your personal information erased
- Automated decision making: you have the right not to have a decision made by you based on automated processing, including profiling. However, Otter Products will not be using automated decision making, including profiling, during the application process.
- Restriction: you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Portability: you have the right to have your personal data provided to you in a machine readable format and to have that information transferred.
- Complaints: if you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us by using the Privacy Request Form. If you are located in the EEA you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. Where Otter Products is unable to comply with your request, we will inform you in writing of the reason why we are unable to do so. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt or as provided under applicable laws.
For any questions or privacy requests, please contact Otter Products by using the Privacy Request Form.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Privacy Notice and its last updated date to reflect changes to our data governance practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on this Site or by an email to your address on file prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Otter Products, LLC
209 South Meldrum Street
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Email: Privacy Request Form
Otter Products EMEA Unlimited
Hibernian House, 80a South Mall,
Email: Privacy Request Form
OtterBox Hong Kong Limited
Unit 502 – 503, 5/F,
Cheung Kei Center,
18 Hung Luen Road,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Email: Privacy Request Form
This Policy was last updated on October 7, 2020